Grampian Translation Services (GTS) is working in a Smart partnership with the University of Dundee. We are gathering information to support our candidates intending to enrol for the academic year 2020 at Dundee university. Please feel free to get in touch with us directly with the university if you require further information.
As we get closer to the start of Semester 1, we will start to confirm more information about what you can expect in 2020/21. Please continue to check your email for updates from us, but also look at the university Enquirer and Applicant webpages and the Welcome webpages, which continue to be updated regularly.
In this post we have some information for you about
- what you need to do before you can matriculate (register)
- self-isolation upon arrival in the UK
- onward travel to Dundee from Edinburgh or Glasgow airports
- how we will support you.
Get ready to matriculate
- If you haven’t already done so, please ensure you pay your tuition fee deposit and take the next steps to receive your CAS.
- Even if you will start studying online and won’t arrive in Dundee until later, you must obtain your CAS before you will be able to matriculate online.
- All applicants can apply for University-arranged accommodation after they have firmly accepted their offer. If you would prefer to find private rented accommodation in Dundee, the Students’ Union (DUSA) has information on their website and a Housing Adviser who can help answer questions.
- You can also find properties advertised on Dundee Student Homes
Self-isolation and accommodation
The Scottish Government requires all students travelling to Scotland from certain countries to self-isolate for 14 days before commencing their studies. The list of countries or territories requiring people arriving to self-isolate might change before you arrive. Please check the Scottish Government guidance to keep up to date.
- If you have firmly accepted University-arranged accommodation for academic year 2020/21 starting 26 September and need to self-isolate for 14 days on arrival to the UK, the university will provide safe University accommodation free of charge for the self-isolation period before semester starts, i.e. from 12 September. This must be booked and confirmed in advance via the online Residences Booking System.
- If you have firmly accepted University-arranged accommodation and will arrive in the UK after 12 September, you will self-isolate for 14 days in your allocated accommodation.
- If you have to self-isolate in University-arranged accommodation you will be supported by the Residences Support team and other Student Services teams who will communicate with you by email and Microsoft Teams (for video calls).
- If you have booked University-arranged accommodation you will also be able to purchase a bedding pack in advance for GBP30 which will be placed in your room before you arrive. You can order this by emailing Sanctuary Housing directly before you leave home. You will also be given guidance on arranging online delivery of food.
- If you have booked private rented accommodation and have to self-isolate you should liaise with your landlord about when you will arrive. You should also feel free to ask for information and advice about the local area.
Travelling from the airport to Dundee
We are pleased to let you know that the University will refund up to GBP75 for a taxi transfer from Scottish airports or from Dundee bus and train stations to your accommodation in Dundee. All new EU and international students are eligible to claim this refund.
Once you have booked your flight and know your arrival time you should book a taxi online before you leave home. When booking, please make sure that you give the exact address and postcode of the accommodation you are going to (not the main University postcode). You should also have this ready to confirm with your driver when you arrive.
We have provided links to a number of online taxi booking solutions. Please review them and choose the one that best meets your needs. Please keep an online version of your receipt safe as you will need this to claim your refund.